Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Being a vintage addict can be tough. You find the dreamiest things but you just can’t possibly keep them all. I guess technically you could keep them all but then you would end up on an episode of Hoarders, and that’s just no fun.

When I return from buying trips, I do have to make tough choices in what to keep and what to sell. My five year old actually makes it even more difficult. As I carefully unwrap each item she exclaims, “oh Mommy – you just can’t sell that one!”, which only adds to my pain.
So the choices are tough and to ease the pain, I thought I’d put together a little slideshow of the things that I absolutely treasure and won’t part with. When I feel weak and try to keep just ONE MORE fun vintage find, I’ll go back to these pictures to remind myself of what I already have.

It might work. Maybe. An intervention just might be in order…




A special thanks to Laurie at her fun blog http://bargainhuntingwithlaurie.blogspot.com/ for letting me share with her friends as well!

10 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Diane, thanks so much for joining! I wouldn't be able to part with those treasures either! That chaise IS awesome! I love that! Your blog is so pretty. laurie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh girl I don't know if I could part with any of these things...Love the quilt...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Those scoops are so cool...I've never seen any like it before. I also really like the Swiss tea set...has a retro type look...lots of fun!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This was a fun post! I love my vintage things and it is sooooo hard to part with them. Your blog is so pretty i've enjoyed my visit!

Wanda Lee said...

What a delightfil way to showcase your treasures!

Do pop by for a visit!

Cheers from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

Wanda Lee said...

~ I also meant to say that this is one of the most whimsical, precious and delightfully pretty blogs I've ever visited!.,It's just lovely!..,

~( And yes, thankfully I can at least 're-spell' ;..,'delightFUL')..,Oh my! Hehe

Cheers from Wanda Lee

KBeau said...

That sewing basket reminds me of one that I used to have when I was in junior high and first started knitting. Love your grandmother's Wedgewood.

Sharlotte said...

Hi Diane,
What great items you've decided to keep! I love the scoops and sewing machine. My grandmother gave me her machine and I have hers proudly displayed too! Thanks so much for sharing!
Sharlotte

Natasha in Oz said...

I can certainly see why you couldn't part with these lovely things. That sewing machine is amazing!

Best wishes and happy weekend,
Natasha.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You do have some treasures! Yes - I probably need some intervention also. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails