Thursday, April 1, 2010

Longing for Vintage Pasta…

My morning routine starts as always; after a few sips of coffee and cereal bowls placed in front of the kids, I sit down and hop online. Let’s see what’s churning in the world since last night…
In my email inbox, I see that Angela @ European Market Junkie has posted some pics from her recent trip to Venice. Nice. I’ll take in some pictures of Venice as I sip my morning cup. But no – these aren’t just photos of Venice. These are photos of an antique market in Venice. Oh my. These pictures just make my heart pound with excitement. There is nothing like walking down a cobblestone path of Europe, and turning the corner to find an unexpected outdoor antique market. What a rush! The greatest one I’ve ever stumbled upon was in Rome. I thought my husband was going to have to scrape me off the sidewalk. I was a little overwhelmed to say the least.
Back to the photos…she bought this amazing vintage Murano glass bead necklace, which is a smack in the face to any of the new ones they have out there – it’s dreamy. I would have had a hard time walking away from the cute little antique settee/bench - I want it, I want it, I want it… So, as you enjoy your morning cup of Joe, you may want to peruse Angela’s photo’s as well. I’ll bet they will inspire you to book some flights to Italy – ASAP!

p.s. did anyone notice that I finally (FINALLY!) figured out how to do links within my blog? That's quite an accomplishment for this non-techie mama!

1 comment:

Eleonora Baldwin said...

Ciao! Thanks for visiting AO&P and leaving your kind comment on my roasted olive post. That was the first marinated olive recipe post, but if you stick around there may be more coming!

You must replicate the olives you ate abroad and invested in! Turks use fantastic spices like pink pepper, maras pul biber, urfa isot, turkish mint... Unique cooking spices and herbs that lend that typical middle eastern flavor. EVOO rocks!

Ciao
Eleonora | Aglio, Olio & Peperoncino | Roma Every Day

Related Posts with Thumbnails