Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The "All Things Dreamy" Linky Party #1

Welcome to our All Things Dreamy linky party #1! I'm super excited for the upcoming weeks, as we meet up with fun new people and read about Dreamy things all over the globe. Are you ready to get started? Let's go!!!

All Things Dreamy, at Max's Haus
If you are ever in the hill country of Texas, you just may want to plan a trip to New Braunfels and hit Max's Haus. Max's is one of my most favorite places to shop, both for myself and for others. As you peruse the pictures below, you’ll see just what I mean! Max’s is much more intriguing than your typical antique store. It’s a combo of amazing vintage finds and incredibly talented artists, with prices that you just can’t beat. Each room in the store is unique and so are the treasures that you'll find there.

I am also quite fond of Max’s, because of its owner, Norma. Norma has a heart for stay-at-home moms desiring to have a creative outlet. Almost every corner of her store is represented by local ladies (most are moms!) who are given the opportunity to display their wares here, in exchange for very low rent and minimal commission. In other words, Norma helps many of us to have an outside life – three cheers for an outside life! I no longer have the pleasure of selling at Max's Haus, due to our move to Colorado. But, I still have the pleasure of shopping there when I'm in New Braunfels!

Ok, so now onto the dreamy finds that await You, at Max’s Haus!

When you see this sign, Stop! It's time to shop...



Here's the store...



The black & white room. I'll take one of each.




I love these artsy signs. They mix well with shabby or mod, priced from $8 to $68



Prior to being a mom, I was a teacher, so this is one of my favorites...



The kitchen. Full of vintage kitschy treasures and gourmet stuff...



I fell in love with this scale, priced at $55



This is a set of paper dolls with all the outfits included! I couldn't find a price...



An original from the Junior Miss pageant. It includes the program and all kinds of other goodies, priced at $38.



This artist's specialty is fun photos of the central Texas area...most are pics from my old stompin' grounds - Austin! Priced from $26 to $30.



This room always has an old Frenchy feel to it. I'm loving the chandeliers - the one on the left is priced at $120.



If you look just beyond the chandeliers, you'll notice this flower art. I don't use flowers much to decorate, but I could definitely use these. Each is so different and adds a ton of character to a room. Priced from $15 to $95.



On your way out, be sure to peruse the lawn and shed areas...more fun & funky things await you!



I hope you enjoyed our little tour of All Things Dreamy, at Max's Haus. Now it's my turn to see what Dreamy things you all have written about this week...

Here is who we are linking up to this week...join these fabulous bloggers!

border="0"/>


Friday Follow

Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg



Laurie with Favorite Things Saturday




Here is how you link up with us...
1) Look for the words "You are Next Click Here to Enter" and click on them. Follow the linking instructions on the Mr Linky page.
2) Copy and paste the All Things Dreamy link button onto your blog, so that others can come by and say hi, if they wish!
3) Leave a comment on my post...you dont' have to, but it sure makes me smile!
3) Show some link love by visiting other's links as well - you may just make some new friends for life!

31 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

That store is adorable, filled with all kinds of cool fun stuff!~ Thanks for coming by!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

I would like to go shopping there now, please! Love the black and white room. Love the French room. Love the yard stuff. Thanks for hosting the All Things Dreamy party, I linked up and I'll be back!

Crystal said...

I just love places to explore, places with lots of things everywhere. It makes me feel like I'm on a treasure hunt! Happy hunting!

Blissful Babe said...

Oh my word. I want to GO there. NOW. What a fantastic store!

Thanks for the follow!! I am following, as well! Love your blog!

★Carol★ said...

Max's Haus looks like an amazing place to shop! It seems like it has a little something for everyone, no matter your decorating style. I love that scale, and I see several things on the lawn that I know I'd be interested in!
Happy VTT!
Carol

Amy said...

Thanks for the heads up on Max's Haus! We're not far from New Braunfels, we'll look Norma up the next time we're in town!

Anonymous said...

Where is that store? It was made for me! Seriously, it was.

I am so happy you visited my blog because now I get to follow you too!

Have a super weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I see it is Texas. Don't suppose they are online??

Jamie said...

I love your dreamy blog! I have a heart for such things, but unfortunately am lacking in the design talent/crafty department. I love looking and dreaming, though! That Max's looks pretty amazing.

Stopping by from Friday Follow! I'm a new follower.

Deborah said...

What a delectable place and such wonderful goodies. Love the flower pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Jenna said...

Here from FF and your newest follower! You can visit/follow me at

www.momsbalancingact.com

Have a great day!

Sweet European Dreams said...

Max's is in central TX, just between Austin and San Antonio. Sadly they are not online, but that does save me a lot of money!

Natasha in Oz said...

Looks like a great place to visit! Thanks for posting about it. I haven't been to Texas but would love to on our next trip to the US.

I am a semi-retired teacher. I only work once or twice a week doing substitute work. So nice to meet another teacher, especially one from Colorado where I have been and where I LOVED!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Lisa said...

Looks like such a cute little store! I love those black and white signs...maybe a DIY is in store?

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Neat store!

Thanks so much for stopping by the Back Porch and your sweet comment. I remember those diaper days as if it was yesterday.:-)

We moved to our present home from a 114 acre farm. Gardening and growing things are in our blood. Our yard and garden are J's hobby, mostly. It's difficult to farm for nearly 60 years then suddenly adjust to a small space, but he manages and enjoys. I think it shows.

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

What a great store! I could go wild in that garden section and love the black and white room!

Manuela

The Charm of Home said...

What awesome vintage finds! Would love that shop. The pressed flower art is amazing. Thanks for the lovely images.

xinex said...

I would love to browse through that store, so many pretty and interesting unusual items.....Christine

Unknown said...

what is the name of the town where this lovely shop is located? we go to gruene in the summer and i would love to stop by.

Sweet European Dreams said...

ohhhhhh Becca, you are in luck! It's in New Braunfels! Have fun shopping!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh what a wonderful store! It sure makes me want to run to Tex just to shop at that place! Love all of the different rooms with different themes, and what unique and wonderful treasures! Thank you so much for linking this wonderful place to Favorite Things. laurie

Family-Friendly Product Reviews said...

You have a really great blog here!

Happy FF! I'm following you now...if you get a chance, please follow me too at http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

Have a great weekend!

Miri said...

What a great shop! I would love one of those framed flower pictures!

Mayra said...

What a lovely store!!

I wish I could go.

It's such a great idea to link up. I will probably have something next weekend so I'll join up.

Stopping by from ff, have a great weekend!

Amanda Lee said...

Oh my, if I hadn't spent the last year packing up and selling the house to move to the PNW, I'd be moving to Texas right now! What a great store!

GardenOfDaisies said...

That looks like a great little shop. I see lots of interesting things in that photo.

Flory said...

amazing finds... love it!
flory

Flory said...

also join my first giveaway...hope to see you!

iheartsunnydays said...

What a cool store - I love it!

Vanessa Campbell said...

Oh,my gosh! That makes me so homesick for the antique stores of Minnesota I could cry! How adorable. I would love to go there!

Annesphamily said...

What a fun store! I want to shop there! Thanks Anne

Related Posts with Thumbnails