Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, New View

Most of my craft time is split between doing silly projects with my monkeys or crafting for Sweet European Dreams. So anytime that I actually complete a home project, it’s a miracle - thus post-worthy!

In my work space I have these two mirrors waiting to be painted and hung in the master bedroom.


I love (seriously love) these mirrors. These were purchased on a Paris trip in…drumroll…February 2009. (I know that Angela is laughing while reading this…she was with me on that trip!).


So the beloved mirrors camped out in Angela’s awesome basement in Germany for six months (rent free) and then traveled back to the States where they have been sitting for another 15 months. (I’ve been busy…really busy!!!).

These were purchased at a BHV store (little sister to Galleries Lafayette) along rue de Rivoli (metro: Hôtel de ville). The second floor of this particular BHV has a phenomenal crafts department. I was so overwhelmed!

These mirrors are made of a hard pressed wood and they had a slew of items made like this from small frames to 5 foot tall palm trees. Paint them and you have an instant masterpiece! I wish we would have thought to take pictures of the amazing things they had. Next trip!

What was sweet about this deal was that I had seen an Anthropologie display that had his and hers mirrors placed above a bed as a mock headboard. I really really wanted them, but they were really really expensive.

I purchased these little guys for 18 euros each, so add the paint that I purchased and my mirror makeover is a mere $54. That beats the pants off of the $450 that Anthropologie was asking for the pair.

Okay, so here’s the reveal…




Ok, so everything in my bedroom looks lopsided here, but I promise it's all very proportionate! I couldn't take a photo straight-on, because of the glare from the mirrors...

My bedding is an Anthropologie find from a few years back. A new duvet is on my crafty list for this year. (I’ll probably be posting that completed project in early 2013…)

I had to take a pic of my favorite lamps.


Army Wife Tip #73: I bought these while my husband was deployed. The best time to redecorate the house is when the guys are deployed. They are so happy to return home that they could care less if you have pink tulle draped from the ceiling! (Sneaky, sneaky…)

So that’s my quickie re-do that took me almost 2 years to complete!

I’m off to play on your blog spots, then it’s work time for me (the kids are in bed)!

Linky Parties. Come on over!
HookingupwithHoH



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

12 comments:

The French Maid said...

Great project...I love how "hers" is shaped just like a womans figure...well, some of us can wish!
They are wonderful on your bedroom wall!
Found you thru Frenchy's party and now I'm your newest follower.
--Lee Ann

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Those mirrors are lovely! So whimsical painted red.
Happy New Year!

Biljana said...

Great, so lovely mirrors:-)
Hugs, Biljana

Lindy said...

Some things are just worth the wait! Wonderful mirrors! Love the color!

Mariesa M. said...

I love those! They look perfect in your bedroom!
http://tencowchick.com

Debra@Dejarenew.blogspot.com said...

Love it. Found ya on Funky Junks party!
New follower here. Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog.

Would love to have ya swing by and join me as well!
http://dejarenew.blogspot.com

Take care.
Deb

Christine said...

I love the red, perfect color for the mirrors and for your room.
Nice job!
Christine
greatoakcircle.com

Christine said...

wow, these turned out really nicely! I hope that you link this up with my Show and Share Sunday linky party, open all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-and-share-sunday.html

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a great idea Diane! They look so good over the bed. Very clever and good looking. Love your pretty lamp and shade too. laurie

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

You intrigued me SO MUCH with those mirrors AND JUST MAYBE do we get to see what's in the REST of those bags?
I signed on as your NEWEST FOLLOWER!!! and I'm "Hoping" that you'll stop by my cottage for a visit AND if you like, "FOLLOW ME TOO"!!!

Unknown said...

Those mirrors are so much fun ! I love the story behind it ! Great job !
Thank you for linking up to the French Obsession party !
Xo

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Loving those mirrors and the color.

Talking about you on my blog today!

http://lesapeamusings.blogspot.com/

Lisa xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails